Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pre-Bahamas


As I write this, I am a little over a day from leaving for the Link Year International trip. There are four different options for people to choose from as they decide what their month of February will look like. They are: Ireland, Fiji, Bahamas, or a K-Life internship in St. Pete, Florida. I am going to a part of the Bahamas trip. What is really neat about that trip is that my mentor, Brian Wang, is leading it. I am looking forward to spending a whole month with him. Also, our trip is more of a mission trip, which I am excited about.  We will be working with the Caribbean Ministry Association, which exists to provide Biblical training to serve the church. Their vision is, “to empower the churches of the Caribbean by providing an interdenominational Bible training ministry, establishing and equipping God’s people in God’s Word.” The Caribbean is full of lots of people who have heard the Gospel, but spiritual growth is minimal. There are many churches, however, the pastors and leaders have limited amounts training. Due to cost and the fact that their church would be pastor-less during their absence, attending seminary abroad is not an option. They need opportunities to grow and learn more while continuing their ministry in the Caribbean. That is where CMA steps in. We will be working with the Doster family, who run CMA on the island where we will be staying. Some of the specific things that we will be doing are hanging out with and ministering to kids on the island along with a couple building projects. When we are not working we will be able to enjoy the beach right in front of where we will be living and also visit some really cool attractions around the island. Over all I am pretty excited for the trip. However, in a small group of people being around each other for a month, conflict is bound to happen, so your prayers for unity would be greatly appreciated.

That’s all I have for today. I’m sure I will have some neat experiences to share once I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment